Values of the SHT
in this episode, we discuss our values and how we approach making the SHT work in this modern lifestyle.
scroll down for notes and links :)
listen and subscribe on:
our community values:
- we seek FREEDOM everywhere we can get it. from Conventional Wisdom’s view, and popular methodologies view, of what we need to do to be healthy. from fad methodologies. from the mainstream. this freedom comes from understanding, implementing, and experiencing our foundations for health, which give us confidence and tools we can use for a lifetime.
- we are proud to be different. we are proud rebels.
- we accept everyone. especially those who feel lost, confused, and cast out.
- simplicity and elegance. we try to keep things brutally simple. ex: recipes need to be things people can just throw together, they don’t have to be chefs. ex: 2 meals per day or less. ex: not being neurotic about food. ex: for circadian rhythms, sun every day, minimal stimulus at night. all of our other foundations need to be easy to implement in a modern, chaotic life.
- we always put ourselves and our personal health first. we make ourselves a priority. a better us is better for anything and everything we want to contribute to in our lives. we put the oxygen mask on ourselves before doing it for others.
- constant learning and experimentation, which leads to a personalized way of doing things, within the general guidelines of the SHT, which leads to honed intuition.
- it’s about the journey and enjoying the process. there is never a final destination, there will never be a time when we are “there” or “done.”
- patience, love and kindness to ourselves and everyone else as we all figure all this out. everyone is doing the best they can with what they have.
- we are all about making this work in a modern lifestyle. we embrace modern conveniences.
- there is only feedback. there is no such thing as failure. we strive for optimal, and learn from imperfection. we either get what we are looking for, or we get feedback that helps us change course in order to get what we are looking for.
- better is better. even if it’s just a little bit better.
- part of our contribution to the world is empowering others through our example.
- lead by example. we do not argue or debate our way of doing things.
- feeling good and being happy is our ultimate goal, for ourselves and others.