RSVP to SHT and Paul C. Tijerina events
SHT Mediterranean Summer Body Challenge
Saturday, June 1st @ 11 am
SHT HQ @ 2402 N. Tenaya Way, 89128
this is the 2nd meeting of a 4 week progression.
in the SHT we’re all about mixing things up. since we’re moving into summer months, it’s time to eat with the seasons. think lighter, fresher, and cooler!
according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, summer months should be more cooling to counter the heat. days should be longer, and activity levels high:
- primarily seafood and coastal foods including shellfish for meats.
- lots of vegetables and fresh salads.
- fresh, seasonal fruits.
- lighter, fresher, and cooler foods, vs calorically dense foods.
- superfoods including organ meats are crucial.
- proper hydration is extremely important.
- waking early, going to bed later, and maybe a midday nap is appropriate.
the SHT Mediterranean Summer Body Challenge is meant to tap into the wisdom of this ancestry and give you some basic guidelines for mixing things up in a healthful way.
this is our check-in meeting. we’ll cover FAQ’s and review our new goals for the following 2 weeks.
please RSVP so we know to expect you!
SHT Hike to Observation Point (and camping :)
Friday, June 7th – Sunday, June 9th
COME JOIN US FOR BREATHTAKING SIGHTS AND COMMUNITY WITH OTHERS WHO VALUE THE SAME HEALTH PRINCIPLES :) if you’re nervous or uncomfortable, with hiking, camping, or social situations – it’s all good! we’re here to help!
we’re taking the back way to Observation Point, a new way that is very pleasant and fun. it’s 7 miles round trip from the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort to Observation Point in Zion National Park. this is a relatively easy hike and kid friendly. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
you have 2 options to join us if you’re interested in a partial trip….
- camp with us Friday night (07 June) at the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort, then hike Saturday morning. if you don’t know how to camp and would like to, this is the perfect opportunity! let me know and I’ll help you get setup with the minimal stuff! some of us will be leaving Las Vegas Friday morning @ around 10 am.
- drive up Saturday morning (08 June) and meet us at the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort. the hike will begin promptly at 10 am Utah time! plan to leave las vegas NLT 5 am because of the time change going into Utah. you can camp with us Saturday night or just drive back home!
if you’re ready to commit to the full or portion of the trip here’s, what you will need to know..
- camping? HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. will be from Friday evening June 7th through Sunday morning of June 9th. we have some spots reserved at Zion Ponderosa Ranch Twin Knolls Rd, Orderville, UT 84758. this place has showers, a pool, hot tub, etc., so it’s a great place to experiment with your camping skills while still having some modern conveniences! whether you camp Friday and Saturday, or just on night, we’re asking for $25 to cover our expenses for renting the spots. also PLEASE BRING FIREWOOD!
- just the hike? you will need to meet us Saturday morning June 8th at Zion Ponderosa Ranch NLT 10 am. you must leave Las Vegas NLT 5 am to arrive on time. you’ll need to drive through Zion National Park to get to the Zion Ponderosa Ranch at Twin Knolls Rd, Orderville, UT 84758. if ONLY HIKING and not camping either night, use discount code hikingonly.
intentions for this trip:
the purpose of our hikes and camping trips is to experience our foundations for health together, in communion with each other, in beautiful and awe-inspiring environments. we also want to walk away from this nurtured, nourished, and rejuvenated, with memories that will last us a lifetime.
to ensure we have the best experience together possible, we want to balance a little bit of structure with enough freedom to explore and have some personal solitude. so here’s how we go about it:
- both nights we’ll have a brief class on how to start a fire using a flint and strike. THIS IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE INFORMATION! if you’d like to have your own, this is a great one to keep in your backpack https://amzn.to/2LPeILz
- every evening we’ll kick off cooking and dinner with a group grace and prayer.
- you only need enough food for yourself. if you’d like to share, we’ll have a serving table setup for you to place your food for people to taste.
- time by the fire together after dinner is important. let’s share stories and learn more about each other.
- alcohol is perfectly acceptable. let’s just be respectful of those who do not drink by being very tactful and aware.
- every morning we’ll do a sunrise meditation beginning at 6 am, witnessing the sunrise at about 6:15 am. this is optional but highly encouraged.
we’re excited to spend time with you outdoors, in nature, experiencing amazingness together!