our definition of real food
in this episode, we discuss our definition of real food including how we determine our guidelines, the human digestive system, the role of cooking in our evolution, and so much more. scroll down for recommended reading and resources associated with this episode.
- subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Overcast | Google Play
- download our definition of real food, six food groups
what are we supposed to eat?
- check out this post by Denise Minger “What is the optimal diet for humans?”
- Expensive Tissue Hypothesis.
- Gut Health by Chris Kresser (free eBook)
- Digestive Health with REAL Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues by Aglaée Jacob, MS, RD
- Digestive Wellness: Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion (4th Edition) by Elizabeth Lipsky, PhD, CCN, CNS, CHN, LDN, CFM
real food basics recommended reading:
- Weston A. Price foundation.
- Ancestral Appetites: Food in Prehistory by Kristen J. Gremillion
- The New Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health and Boundless Energy
- The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
- Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat