what supplements should you take?
recently we did a Facebook Live and talked about initial supplementation recommendations. in this episode:
- real food has to be a priority.
- nutritional sufficiency from supplements takes consistency and time.
- best supplements for healing and recovery.
- best brands.
- and more.
scroll down for more resources and information.
healing and recovery (including anti-inflammation).
- virgin cod liver oil. a powerhouse and a superfood! with high levels of EPA & DHA which are great for anti-inflammation, and balanced levels of the very important fat-soluble nutrients including vitamins A & D.
- powdered collagen. we recommend everyone take a minimum of 2 tbsp per day, up to as much as you can get in! for joints, tissue, skin, hair nails – everything! taking collagen daily mimics eating an animal from nose to tail. we recommend this brand as the most cost-effective. take 2 scoops with your evening meal (may help with sleep) or whenever is most convenient for you.
- magnesium. everyone would benefit from at least 300mg of quality magnesium. check out this post we did on magnesium. we sell a couple of great options in our office – Mg-Zyme and Acti-Mag Plus (designed for sleep). you can pick it up directly from us or we can drop-ship it to you. take 300mg+ of Mg with your evening meal.
- vitamin K2. CRUCIAL. a synergistic activator that orchestrates other nutrients. this is the nutrient Dr. Weston A. Price discovered that was so crucial in ancestral health and so absent in Americans. we recommend a product with both MK4 and MK7 versions such as this one. take 2 capsules with your evening meal.
- vitamin C. supportive of building tissue alongside collagen and the other fat-soluble nutrients mentioned here. also very immune boosting. we recommend the product we sell out of our office Bio-C Plus.
- vitamin D3. we believe everyone would benefit from 2,500 iu’s of a quality vitamin D3 supplement such as this one. take with any meal.