I had no idea what to call these, so here you go! these are wholesome sweet potato brownies, made with nothing but great ingredients, and actually really good for you! this is a recipe for 3 yams which fill up a baking dish for me. modify depending on how much you want to make.
things to get:
- 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- 3 Japanese yams. my favorite. I almost insist that you use Japanese yams.
- 1/8 cup of melted coconut oil per yam.
- 1/8 cup of melted butter per yam.
- a little vanilla extract.
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour per yam.
- 3tbsp of cricket flour per yam (optional).
- 18 egg (yolks), 6 per yam.
- 1/4 tsp baking powder per yam.
- unrefined salt.
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of raw, unfiltered honey per yam.
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder per yam.
- 1/4 tsp of Ceylon cinnamon per yam.
- dark chocolate chips.
how to do it:
- grease your baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- bake your Japanese yams. while they are warm and soft, throw them into a big bowl and mash them up.
- add in all the other ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- mix it all together with a mixer or hand blender.
- pour into the baking dish.
- sprinkle dark chocolate chips all over it.
- bake at 350 for 36min or until it becomes firm to the touch.