Approved Cranberry Sauce
we have two approved options for you, one of them tried and true, and included in our Turkey Tips, Navigating the Holidays post, but we also love the look of this first one!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3 hr and 45 min
- 1 package of fresh cranberries, 12 oz
- 2/3 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring every hour.
- Cook, UNCOVERED, for an additional 30-45 mins longer, on HIGH, or until thickened.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 4 cups whole cranberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- Place cranberries and pineapple in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until cranberries have broken down
- Add the diced apple and cook for an additional 15 mins. You are looking for a thick, chutney type consistency.
- Allow to cool, serve, and ENJOY!
Recipe by eatthegains.com :)